Skip to main content

Copycat the Cool Way #23

So this week is going to be a little different. I mentioned on Tuesday's post that I was sick, and that has not changed. I am medically unable to be at school for both this week and next week. I had some outfits from a while ago saved on my computer, and I'm going to post some now, and some next week. It's almost like something in the universe planned this for me! On second thought, that would not be nice because I am rather sick. I assure you all that I am on the way to a good recovery. Despite the fact that this will be the fourth time I have been sick on my birthday (which is tomorrow), I am keeping in good spirits! And nothing will stand in the way of next week's party! I am determined!

Side note: I don't know if I'll have much to say about these outfits. Chances are, the specific days on them are wrong too. But you get the gist.

Wednesday- I think J's Everyday Fashion is one of my top copied blogs. I love her style, and she essentially does the same thing as me; except she is a lot more professional. I pinned this outfit before I got the cardigan for Christmas, and once I got it, I knew I had the perfect addition! I'm not a fan of all neutral or black, so I'm glad mine added the pop of colour I love.

Cardigan- Old Navy
Pants- Old Navy
T-shirt- Target
Necklace- Old Navy 
























Thursday- This outfit from a Gap ad was a great excuse to be comfy this day! I did not use a sweater over a button up but a loose shirt, and who could go wrong with a flannel button up? I should have put this necklace on my monthly favourites because it appears I wore it quite a lot!

Shirt- Roots
Plaid Button up- Old Navy
Jeans- Old Navy
Necklace- Old Navy




















Friday- This was definitely one of the days I had to wake up early so I slept at a friend's house because I could wake up later to get to school. I can tell because I am wearing a hat. This inspiration from Sydney Poulton on Flickr had been on my radar for a while, and I knew it would be perfect for a messy-cool kind of day.

Button up- Old Navy
Jeans- Old Navy
Leather Jacket- Smart Set
Hat- Western Book Store




















Nails of the Week- This is the only thing that is not a lie. I actually did my nails. I did not, however, take a picture of my own nails. The colour is German-icure by OPI. The colour came out a lot lighter than I thought it was going to, and this picture is pretty darn close to what it looks like on my nails. I used only two coats.


[source]
I already have next week's outfit post lined up and ready to go for editing because apparently, being sick is making me a planner. My week was not the greatest, but at least I can say I'm on the mend! Have a great upcoming week and take it from me: STAY HEALTHY!
 
-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav