Skip to main content

Life Updates - Again

Hi everyone! Don’t mind me – I’m just digging myself out of the hole I created. This year was really hard. I’m not quite done school yet (two more exams to go), but I am so ready for it to be over. I’m currently working on getting my life pulled together again, so I thought I would share some things that have happened to me these past few months.

1.       I am currently in the process of getting my tonsils out.

This has been the true definition of a process. Do you remember at the beginning of my time in England when I was in the hospital for tonsillitis? Well, this week marked the fourth time in two years that I was in the hospital for the same problem. Basically, I have abnormally large tonsils. I’ve been trying to get referrals, but it’s been hard. An ENT specialty guy looked at my tonsils this week, so he’s trying to push a referral for me. I am so desperate just to get these things away from my body. I’m fine by the way. They did a full test on me and there is nothing actually wrong right now. I just woke up on Thursday and couldn’t swallow.
2.       I am now 22 years old!
Woo birthday! I kept my birthday low-key like normal. I had a wonderful dinner with my friends and family, and went out for drinks with what ended up being all work friends. I also have a new favourite spot to go. It was perfect for me. I had a great time, and the food was fantastic.

3.       I really have been trying to be healthier in my life.

I was doing really well on this for a while. Then I got off track the past few weeks with the end of school. I’m trying to get back into it (including blogging about it). I got a FitBit for my birthday, and I wanted to utilize that a little more. Plus, I want to go for more walks since the weather is getting nicer.

4.       I’ve started a new way of journaling.

I’ve been struggling with my mental health this year, and I recognized a need for being more positive in my life. I hadn’t been journaling in a while and also wanted to pick that back up. One of my favourite podcasts is Let it Out with Katie Dalebout. She has a book about journaling and mentions it a lot on the podcast. I picked up a few notes, and I now write with subheadings or categories in mind. I have what’s on my mind which is my opportunity to do the oh-so-important ranting, the highlight of my day, something to look forward to tomorrow and something to look forward to in general, something I’ve accomplished in the day, something someone did or said that made me smile, and the best thing I ate that day.

5.       I have some great friends that I’ve been spending all my time with.

We were going out a lot in March, but that slowed down. We recently had a wine night, but we’ve been going to yoga and stuff like that too. I finally have the group of girls to hang out with. I’m so happy and lucky to have them in my life.

6.       I got into teacher’s college!

This is the best thing that has happened to me. I’m not going to share too much about it since I haven’t quite made a decision. It’s been a long process, and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for me. The best part about this is that I can shop for some teacher clothes! It’s so exciting!
That’s pretty much it – short and sweet. I want to expand on some of these posts in future posts. These are pretty much the biggest things I have going on. I’m in the process of writing a month’s worth of posts, so I will be catching you up on even more exciting things in my life in the near future. Stay with me!

What is the most exciting thing that has happened to you since we last spoke? Share in the comments!

Daniella

P.S. I’ve been considering getting a new blog theme, but I don’t know how to go about it. Any suggestions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav