Skip to main content

Pinterest Challenge - June 2016

I must say, Tuesday’s post was not the easiest thing in the world. It was a challenge for me to post. I was going back and forth about it for so long. I’m glad I decided to do it, and although it was quite a strong post to write after more than month of silence, I needed to do it. Other than that, my life has been absolutely insane in the past few weeks. To be honest, my life is a little bit in shambles. I need to get back into a routine. That also means that I need you catch you up on the adventures I’ve been on! I haven’t said anything about the Cliffs of Moher, London, or Paris. I have so much to share! For now, I’ll share what I’ve been doing from Pinterest. I decided to change the format of my Pinterest posts to fit in a few more things. So check out what I’ve been doing since I’ve returned to Canada!

1.       Flaming Drinks

 All you need is 1 oz vodka, 1 oz blue curacao, 3 oz lemonade, Splash 151, Pinch of cinnamon. However, this was a fail. It didn’t look anything like the original picture from Little Pink Blog, and it didn’t even flame! It ended up being pretty good though. Marlee and I added a lot more of the Bacardi 151 and topped it up with more lemonade. It was really strong, so it went straight to the head. Not a bad start for girl’s nights for the summer.

2.       Bobby Pin Updo

Maybe I should have put my successful pins first, because this clearly did not work out. I had these adorable bobby pins for the longest time, and I’ve never really used them. When I saw this hairstyle on Oh Joy, I was looking forward to trying this out. And it turned out like this . . . I tried it by myself, then my sister tried it out, and it somehow managed to look worse. Maybe it would be better if someone had long hair, but this did not work out for me.

3.       Cinnamon Roll Breakfast


You need ½ cup cottage cheese, honey (or sugar substitute), pecans. This is a pretty picture. The idea from Food.com is a delicious and healthy breakfast. Breakfast is my favourite meal, so I’m always down to make something amazing. And if it tastes like a cinnamon bun? Even better! This cottage cheese bowl tasted close to a cinnamon for sure. However, I do not like cottage cheese. The texture messes with me. Bleh.  But I promise you, it’s actually tasty.

4.       French Toast in a Mug


You need one piece of buttered bread, ¼ cup milk, 1 egg, 2 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. This is the best thing I did all month. Again, I love breakfast, but I’ve also missed maple syrup. Sometimes, you’re craving a breakfast food like pancakes or French toast, but making a batch is too much. This, my friend, is your answer. This recipe from Princess Pinky Girl is amazing. They suggest using chocolate chips, but I didn’t. I also suggest using cinnamon bread (I used a cinnamon raisin bagel in this picture. As a topping, I drizzled some extra maple syrup, and it was utter perfection.

I already can’t wait for next month’s Pinterest Challenge because some bachelorette planning things will be on there. I’ve planned a bachelorette party for tonight, and I am really excited about it. I’m not too sure what I’m going to do for posts for the rest of the month because there’s so much I’m behind on, but we’ll get there. What’s been inspiring you lately?

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav