Skip to main content

The Perfect Holiday Movie Checklist

Well friends, Christmas has passed, and I'm going to be honest: I was not in the Christmas spirit whatsoever. It has been difficult to be away from my family and friends. I missed out on treasured traditions and family time. Most people would have been rushing around to do their shopping and probably ranting about their encounters on Facebook. This time of year, it is of the utmost importance to take the time to relax and watch the adored Christmas movies. For me, it was a good reminder of the Christmas season and the bustle around it. The people at Casper have created my perfect Christmas movie list as an incentive to stay in bed and relax. You don't need to ask me twice! Also, so be sure to check out their Twitter page. You won't regret it - it's highly humorous.
 
 
 
1. An Outrageously Comfortable Mattress
Let me tell you, a comfortable mattress is an amazing thing to find. I miss my bed from home. It has the best mattress. My bed in my university accommodation is a solid okay. I have slept in a few different beds in my time here, and I've realized just how important it is to have a comfortable mattress. Better mattress, better sleep. If you're going to be spending time in bed for a movie night, you want the ideal mattress that puts you in the mood to cuddle up and let all your stresses go.

2. The Perfect Pile of Pillows
The picture below includes the quilt my mom made me for England. She finished it in the airport the day I was leaving. When I got to England, I bought myself to comfiest pillows I could buy. On movie nights, I make myself a nest with piles of pillows and my quilt. Similar to the mattress, this element of a movie night tends to put you in the mood to cuddle up and relax.

3. Holiday PJs
A family tradition we have is Christmas PJs every year. I have so many collected from over the years. This year, my mom bought me some anyway. I, however, chose to curl up in my onesie because nothing beats the comfort of a onesie. It always reminds me of a big hug and makes me feel extra cozy. However, it's always a little odd to walk about the flat in a onesie for the first time.



4. Cocoa
I love hot chocolate. I would say it's one of my favourite parts of winter, but I genuinely drink it all year. It always feels so good when it warms your belly, and it's different than coffee or tea. It purely feels like an indulgence. I'm guessing if you like hot chocolate, you don't mind sugar. If you don't mind extra sugar and like candy canes, then I have the trick for you. HOT CHOCOLATE HACK: put a candy cane in your hot chocolate. Let it melt and you have made yourself a mint hot chocolate. It's one of the best things I have made myself.

5. A Big Plate of Cookies
Usually, I set myself up with a plate of cookies to snack on. At home, we made at least five different types of cookies. This year, I made two batches of fudge for a meet-the-family situation. The night before I left for my Christmas destination, I brought some of the extra fudge into my room and had a lovely evening snacking on my homemade fudge. I missed the cookies, but the fudge was incredible.

6. The Polar Express
The Polar Express is my all time favourite holiday movie. I started watching it every Christmas Eve by myself when my family was napping before Christmas mass. I love everything about it. The music gives me goosebumps, the animation is fabulous, and the plot is entirely feel-good. I missed out on watching it this year and watched the third Star Wars instead (Christmas-y, I know), but nonetheless, this is my favourite film.

So there it is: my holiday movie night essentials. If I could have one more addition, it would be someone to cuddle with. As someone wise once said "winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle."

What makes a perfect holiday movie night for you?

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Monthly Favourites- February 2016

I don’t know about you, but it feels like February has flown by! I can’t say it’s been a busy month; it’s more like a month of sinking back into routine. Last month, I was so ready to get back to school. It’s been great so far. I’m loving my classes, and I’m doing well with keeping on top of readings. I went to watch The Superbowl with friends (we didn’t make it to halftime), took control of my own body, and I’ve made myself a solid group of friends. I’m really happy. Here’s what got me through the month: 1.        NetGalley     I’m sure you can tell based on the sheer amount of book reviews I’ve been posting, but I have been reading quite a lot. This is all thanks to NetGalley. I have been a member of the site for over a year, but I never really got into it until now. At home, I have an extensive bookshelf, but I couldn’t bring that to the UK with me. I turned to NetGalley, and I have been rewarded. As a member, I request book titles and get a free e-book. In exchange, I have