Skip to main content

My Reason to Restart

This is a longer version of what I wrote two weeks ago. As an update from then: I have cleaned my room. And that was today, so that barely counts. I had a spur of motivation today and took control. As my floor become more and more visible, I came to a realization: I'm an adult and I need to start acting like one. I have grown so much this past year, and it's about time that the rest of my life catches up. I'm moving to a new continent by myself in less than two months. Time to be an adult. I'm not going to bore you with my huge game plan to accomplish this. Just let me tell you how this will affect you.

The gateway to adulthood is ahead.

This blog started as a way for me to put some creativity out there. Since then, I think I've lost that. I am more me than I've ever been, but this blog has not been a reflection of that. I'm not looking forward to writing anymore. It feels like a chore because nothing is truly original anymore. So things are about to change. I'll still be posting on Tuesdays and Saturdays. But I'm about to put a lot more me out there. I have so many ideas written down, and I'm going to start sharing them. When a creative moment strikes, you'll see my creativity. I'm going to continue with book reviews and monthly favourites because I love writing those, and they feel more like me. I may throw in a Pinterest Challenge or product review when the mood strikes, but for the most part, you're going to get a good hold of what my voice exactly is.

I know I've written like this before. Realistically, the organization thing is not going to happen the way I want it to. But making this blog more like me is something I can easily get behind. It's something I can stick to because the ideas I want to write about are the things I'm passionate about. I know readers like personal blogs, so this is going to be more about my perspective. Wait for Saturday and give me a chance to show you what I have to offer.

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Monthly Favourites- February 2016

I don’t know about you, but it feels like February has flown by! I can’t say it’s been a busy month; it’s more like a month of sinking back into routine. Last month, I was so ready to get back to school. It’s been great so far. I’m loving my classes, and I’m doing well with keeping on top of readings. I went to watch The Superbowl with friends (we didn’t make it to halftime), took control of my own body, and I’ve made myself a solid group of friends. I’m really happy. Here’s what got me through the month: 1.        NetGalley     I’m sure you can tell based on the sheer amount of book reviews I’ve been posting, but I have been reading quite a lot. This is all thanks to NetGalley. I have been a member of the site for over a year, but I never really got into it until now. At home, I have an extensive bookshelf, but I couldn’t bring that to the UK with me. I turned to NetGalley, and I have been rewarded. As a member, I request book titles and get a free e-book. In exchange, I have