Skip to main content

Monthly Favourites- July 2015

The amount of times I have changed my mind about what my favourites were over the course of the month is ridiculous. This was a month of work, work, work. As I mentioned, I have finally decided to get my life in order, but the rest of the month was all about swimming lessons. I ended up having a split shift where all I was doing was teaching. I'll admit that I am one of the only ones, but I prefer teaching over guarding any day. Everyone thinks I'm crazy.

1. La-Roche Posay Ultra-Fluid Lotion SPF 60


So I'm a lifeguard. I'm in the sun all day. And I HATE sunscreen. I hate the greasiness, and I hate the way it makes my skin breakout. However, this sunscreen for my face has changed the game. I got this stuff a couple years ago as a free sample in one of the small tester kits, and I was sold. I've been using it ever since, so the label is so worn out.This has a matte finish, and it feels so good. You only need a small amount to cover your whole face. And it works. I have yet to get a burn. Please don't forget your sunscreen!

2. The Movies


I'm not usually one to go to the movies a lot, but I ended up seeing three this month. The first was Inside Out. I loved it, but a movie has never made me more emotional. There was one part where I wanted to bawl, but I had to keep it in, and I was shaking. Then I came home and talked to my mom about it, and I sobbing uncontrollably. But I actually strongly suggest this movie. I also went to see Minions. My best friend and I are ultimate fans of the minions. We made a last minute decision to go see it, and boy, it was great. Also suggested: buying the 3D Minion goggles. Last night, I went to see Trainwreck with some staff members. It was cute but also hilarious. Even the boys liked it.

3. Starbucks



I have been going to Starbucks so much this month. It's too easy to pick up a coffee when it's on the way. I've also been meeting friends there quite often. My orders: caramel cafe misto if I want it warm, caramel cold brew coffee if I want it cold, and if I'm looking for a treat then I go for the S'mores Frappuccino or a Mocha Frappuccino.

4. Relish



This is kind of weird to have on my list, but it is barbeque season. Relish was never something I had growing up because my parents don't like it. But we got this guy in a pack of three for an end of year barbeque my sister had, and I have been putting it on my hamburgers and hot dogs like crazy. I love it!

5. Notebooks


I don't know how this started, but I started throwing notebook into the bags I carry around. They have surprisingly come in handy. I take notes of important emails, write out song lyrics for parodies (which is relevant to my life), brainstorm ideas for work, and anything else. I'm one of the those people that geeks out over pretty notebooks. I was in the dollar store a while ago, and I really wanted to get some more notebooks, but I realized that I need to finish these first. Proud moment of self restraint of the month!

I think this month was all about the social engagements. I already know right now that a lot of August is going to be how to recover from a month in chlorine and sun. I see Lush in my future.

What have you been loving this month?

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Monthly Favourites- February 2016

I don’t know about you, but it feels like February has flown by! I can’t say it’s been a busy month; it’s more like a month of sinking back into routine. Last month, I was so ready to get back to school. It’s been great so far. I’m loving my classes, and I’m doing well with keeping on top of readings. I went to watch The Superbowl with friends (we didn’t make it to halftime), took control of my own body, and I’ve made myself a solid group of friends. I’m really happy. Here’s what got me through the month: 1.        NetGalley     I’m sure you can tell based on the sheer amount of book reviews I’ve been posting, but I have been reading quite a lot. This is all thanks to NetGalley. I have been a member of the site for over a year, but I never really got into it until now. At home, I have an extensive bookshelf, but I couldn’t bring that to the UK with me. I turned to NetGalley, and I have been rewarded. As a member, I request book titles and get a free e-book. In exchange, I have