Skip to main content

Monthly Favourites- June 2015

Bad quality photos alert. Someone (who may or may not be me) forgot that this was the last day of the month. So I rushed to get some pictures done. Forgive me. I can describe this past month in one word: busy. Weekdays were dedicated to promo team, and weekends were dedicated to recertifications for lifeguarding. I have been unable to sleep in for a few weeks, and I am feeling it in my bones. However, it has been a rewarding month. Promo team is one of my favourite parts to my job. So let's see some other favourites.

1. Microsoft Surface 2



I have my computer back. Due to an unfortunate dropping (it wasn't me for once), I have not had this since my birthday. I love the Surface 2. I have found it very easy to use, and technology does not come easy to me. It has been extremely helpful for blogging, and all my setting are saved permanently. It has been brilliant. Since having it back, I have been more productive with it.

2. Coffee


As I said, I have been busy. On top of that, I am not a morning person at all. Coffee has been my lifeline all month. I have a Nespresso machine at home, and this picture is how I make my fancy coffee. I can honestly say I got through the month due to coffee. I'm not picky. Starbucks and Tim Hortons were frequented throughout the month as well.

3. Subway

[source]
The amount of times I have been to Subway in the past month is ridiculous. It has been a huge promo thing. We have memorized each other's orders. We look forward to lunch with Subway. I think we went at least twice a week. We always joke around and say Subway should have sponsored us. The more I write about this, the more I crave it.

4. SacconeJolys


I have been completely obsessed with watching the SacconeJoly vlogs on YouTube. They have been recording their lives for five years, and just reached 1 millions subscribers. The two kids are the most adorable. I have seen their youngest, Eduardo, learn to walk, and seen Emilia in her ballet class. The daily videos are certainly a bit longer, but I absolutely love watching them.

5. Revlon Nail Files


One of my biggest pet peeves is bad looking nails. Back when I did my nails during the year, I was always repainting because I hate the look of chipped nails. During the summer, the pool completely destroys nail polish. There's no sense in trying, but I always keep my nails looking good. I like short nails during the summer, so I'm constantly filing them down and keeping them in good condition. The Revlon nail files have been the best. I keep one on every floor of the house just in case I need one. I love the rough texture because I think it does a better job.

There was my month! In July, I have a family wedding, and I will be working a lot. I'm still trying to get out and about as much as I can when I have the time, but I also had an interview for a second job last week. Things could get even crazier!

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav