Skip to main content

Monthly Favourites- April 2015

April has been a month of accomplishments. I have officially finished half of my undergrad, I stayed sane during exam time, I got over mono, and I sent in my full application for Leeds! Most of the month has been based around exams thought. All of them were spread out, but I officially finished on Tuesday. I was thankful to have a spread out schedule, but boy, was I glad to be done! A spread out schedule is similar to a slow death. Agonizing. But here are my monthly favourites!

1. Favourite School Tool





































Binder clips. I have been using these to organize my notes for a few years now. Another good school tip: save your notes. You never know when they could become useful in the future. I got this colourful clips from the dollar store, and I have used them over and over. They are just so handy.

2. Favourite DVD Collection







































Apparently, I also loved this last April as well. But alas, here I am again 9 seasons in and loving it once again. This show cannot get old. It always makes me smile. I once went to a friend's apartment, and we had both had a stressful day, so we watched Friends because it is a feel good show. That is all. You cannot go wrong with Friends.

3. Favourite Beauty Product





































Sally Hansen Insta-Dry top coat has been amazing to me. I'm the kind of person that just can't wait long enough after painting my nails and they always get ruined. And we cannot forget about the marks your blankets leave after sleeping. This top coat has decreased drying time by a lot. It brings my nails to a tacky texture, so as long as I take it easy, I'm good to go. I love this stuff!

4. Favourite TV Show

[source]














If you don't watch Grace Helbig on YoutTube, you need to reconsider your habits. This woman has done so much in a short amount of time. There's a podcast, a movie, a book, and best of all: a TV show! Marlee and I have been getting together weekly to have some girly drinks and watch it. I pretty much live Tweet it every week, so come join me next Friday! Watch The Grace Show Friday nights on E! following The Soup!

5. Favourite Moment





































So I chopped my hair off. I had been thinking about this since the end of grade 12, but then I got really serious about it. And so, on the 15th, I just did it. It's the most impulsive thing I have ever done, and I am so happy about it. I have thin hair, so the length was just not working out for me anymore. If your hair is long, it doesn't matter of your hair is thin. I cannot describe how incredible it feels. I needed to do this. It's me, and I cannot wait to really show it off!

For May, I'm looking forward to relaxing, hanging out with some friends, and starting a new part of my job.

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav