Skip to main content

Monthy Favourites- March 2015

Summary of this month in one word: mono. I swear this will be the last time I mention I'm sick, but it has completely dominated this entire month. I've been sick since the 13th! I was sick on my birthday! So naturally, a couple of my favourites have been based on the fact that I was cooped up in my house for two weeks. Real talk: I have grown to really hate bras because I did not wear one for that entire fortnight. Can that be noted as a monthly non-favourite?

Favourite App:

[source]


 As I mentioned in last week's outfit post, there was a mishap with my laptop, so Songza has fallen out of my life in the past week. However, I was using it so much up until that point. Songza is a music playing app that has curated playlists designed for certain moods or events. My sister used it to play some classy music for a party on the weekend. I don't have access to it at the moment so I can't tell you my favourite playlists, but there was one very calming one I liked when I was getting ready for bed. I'm also a person that likes a little bit of background noise when I work, and there's a recording of a coffee shop that makes me productive. I can't wait to get more into it when I get my own laptop back.

Favourite Accessory:

















My hair dresser told me to stop using elastics in my hair when I come home and want to throw my hair up. Enter scrunchies. I got this one from Ardene, but you can find them all over the place. I don't know about you, but when I'm spending my days in bed due to sickness, I'm not so attentive on brushing my hair. The easiest way to combat some major bedhead (seriously) is scrunchies. Do I have a scrunchy in my hair right now? Yeah. Maybe.

Favourite Drink:

















This is an interesting one for me because I actually hate apple juice. However, apple juice is the sick juice in my family. I just need to water it down. Please don't judge me. I have been drinking this stuff like crazy. We've been buying Rougemont brand in a four pack of 2L bottles. I finished one pack in about a week. I want to flush this thing out of my system! So there's a major love/hate thing going on here.

Favourite Event:
























As you know, my birthday was on the 22nd. I was not able to eat solid food on my birthday (typical - I have the worst luck with birthdays), but my best chummy Marlee and I planned a real adult wine and cheese night for our closest friends this past weekend. She wrote an entire post about our inspiration on her blog, so check out that link! The night was a huge success, and it was amazing to relax with some friends after not being around anyone for two weeks. I'm also not a fan of birthdays or birthday attention, so it was amazing to be able to share it with my bestest friend. And who is lucky enough to have a birthday 6 days apart from your best friend?

Favourite Food:
























All of my bios state that I could eat cheese for the rest of my life. It's true. Now that I'm back to solid foods, I am ever so lucky that I have all this amazing fancy cheese left over. I have been eating so much of it every day. I have had cheese and crackers for a meal at least twice a day for the past three days. It's bliss. I'm in heaven. My friend told me that she considered buying me a wheel of cheese for my birthday. I would not oppose to that. At all. For the record, my favourite cheese is Asiago. Just saying.

So there's my month! It's been an interesting one. Full of ups and downs. So far, being 20 is weird. I had a couple blasts from my recent past that shocked me to my core. I meet the most interesting people when I go out. Other than that, I have officially handed in my last paper of second year today, and now comes exam time. Wish me luck.

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Monthly Favourites- February 2016

I don’t know about you, but it feels like February has flown by! I can’t say it’s been a busy month; it’s more like a month of sinking back into routine. Last month, I was so ready to get back to school. It’s been great so far. I’m loving my classes, and I’m doing well with keeping on top of readings. I went to watch The Superbowl with friends (we didn’t make it to halftime), took control of my own body, and I’ve made myself a solid group of friends. I’m really happy. Here’s what got me through the month: 1.        NetGalley     I’m sure you can tell based on the sheer amount of book reviews I’ve been posting, but I have been reading quite a lot. This is all thanks to NetGalley. I have been a member of the site for over a year, but I never really got into it until now. At home, I have an extensive bookshelf, but I couldn’t bring that to the UK with me. I turned to NetGalley, and I have been rewarded. As a member, I request book titles and get a free e-book. In exchange, I have