Skip to main content

Copycat the Cool Way #19

As I promised, this is last week's outfit post. This is usually the point where I reflect on what happened, but last week was a long time ago. I have forgotten all about it. Maybe I just have a bad memory.

Monday- Yes, I actually have a Monday outfit for this last week! I went out to breakfast with a good friend of mine, and I decided to make myself actually look good. Plus, I really wanted to wear this sweater because I mean, it has a zebra on it. There was no inspiration for this outfit, but I loved the way I pulled it together.


Swater- Hudson's Bay Company
Pants- Old Navy
























Tuesday- I have to say, these pants are so comfortable. I have been staying at school for an extra four hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays to get some work done, so I am all about dressing as comfortable as possible. The button up I have is one of my favourite. I'm glad the outfit from karlareed on Instagram had a patterned button up, so I could incorporate it into this outfit. If the weather was a little warmer (as in, not winter), I would have worn my beloved Oxfords as well.


Button up- Old Navy
Pants- Old Navy
Sweater- Roots




















Wednesday- Again with the leather vest. I just love this thing. I had a similar outfit to this in December that went undocumented. I got this idea from Pinterest, but the link did not bring me to anything. I hate it when that happens. It was cool to be able to wear the shirt I got from Panorama where I was at the beginning of the year. I would also like to point out that these jeans are clearly not my usual cropped jeans. See why regular pants just don't cut it for me?


Shirt- Panorama
Vest- Smart Set
Jeans- Old Navy




















Thursday- Like I said, I'm dressing for comfort. I loved the addition of the belt because it dressed up an otherwise simple outfit. The continued addition of the necklace added a little bit of fancy . I find that the simpler outfits get more compliments. It doesn't take a lot of work to dress well. It's all about the accessories that allow an outfit to be a little bit above the usual drudgery of student life. The post from Polyvore is titled "work style," and with the right colour this outfit could certainly do well in a work environment.


Cardigan- Old Navy
Tank top- Old Navy
Leggings- Garage




















Friday- I love this outfit because the sweater was so cozy! I tried to do this outfit from the  J. Crew website a few weeks ago, and it did not work out. However, this scarf worked out even better for the copycat. And it made it even more cozy! My favourite. It was also special because the sweater was my dad's, and he gave it to me during the holidays!


Scarf- Jinger
Sweater- Gift
Jeans- Old Navy



















So that was my final week of January, I believe that it was this week that I told someone I never repeat outfits. So far so good in 2015 I'd say!

-Daniella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Monthly Favourites- February 2016

I don’t know about you, but it feels like February has flown by! I can’t say it’s been a busy month; it’s more like a month of sinking back into routine. Last month, I was so ready to get back to school. It’s been great so far. I’m loving my classes, and I’m doing well with keeping on top of readings. I went to watch The Superbowl with friends (we didn’t make it to halftime), took control of my own body, and I’ve made myself a solid group of friends. I’m really happy. Here’s what got me through the month: 1.        NetGalley     I’m sure you can tell based on the sheer amount of book reviews I’ve been posting, but I have been reading quite a lot. This is all thanks to NetGalley. I have been a member of the site for over a year, but I never really got into it until now. At home, I have an extensive bookshelf, but I couldn’t bring that to the UK with me. I turned to NetGalley, and I have been rewarded. As a member, I request book titles and get a free e-book. In exchange, I have