Skip to main content

The Letter Unsent

Dear “Someone Else,”

              You are a lucky girl. I don’t know who you are, I don’t know how you know him, but you are a lucky girl. You are lucky because his heart belongs to you whether you know it or not. You are lucky because his beautiful words are to be spoken for your ears to hear. You are lucky because his gentleman manner is directed towards you. You are lucky because you have the opportunity to have the man I’ve been dreaming of.
[source]

              He likes it when you run your hands through his hair. He says it’s calming. So make sure you caress every hair on his head. He doesn’t like silence. He tries to fill it with humour. So make sure you get to the point where silence is comfortable. He wants to be looked at like he’s your most prized treasure. He giggles if you look at him this way. So make sure he is a treasure to you, because your eyes will bring that feeling across without words.

              The truth is, I think he’s perfect. Don’t hurt him. I’m not jealous, because I had my time with him, no matter how brief. However, it was enough time to realize how special he is. How wonderful he is. He is an opportunity I’m not sure I’m going to get again. I hope you make him happy. He’s the type of guy one marries. If you two are meant to be, then I trust you will appreciate all he is. I missed out because something about you draws him in. And so, you lucky “someone else,” love him the way I would have.

Sincerely,                          
Not the One

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Monthly Favourites- February 2016

I don’t know about you, but it feels like February has flown by! I can’t say it’s been a busy month; it’s more like a month of sinking back into routine. Last month, I was so ready to get back to school. It’s been great so far. I’m loving my classes, and I’m doing well with keeping on top of readings. I went to watch The Superbowl with friends (we didn’t make it to halftime), took control of my own body, and I’ve made myself a solid group of friends. I’m really happy. Here’s what got me through the month: 1.        NetGalley     I’m sure you can tell based on the sheer amount of book reviews I’ve been posting, but I have been reading quite a lot. This is all thanks to NetGalley. I have been a member of the site for over a year, but I never really got into it until now. At home, I have an extensive bookshelf, but I couldn’t bring that to the UK with me. I turned to NetGalley, and I have been rewarded. As a member, I request book titles and get a free e-book. In exchange, I have