Skip to main content

Monthly Favourites- September 2014

Here we are again! I am back to my monthly favourites! As un-grammatical as the title is, I love this post. I love sharing the things that I used or did frequently throughout the month. But let me tell you, it was not easy to come up with a fifth one. It wasn't until a week ago where I got addicted. So therefore, it counts.

This month was a ton of fun. It was certainly an odd feeling to be back at school after four months of not having a schedule! So far, only one of my classes is not the best and I'll be done with that in December! I kept saying that I have a good feeling about this year, and if the rest of it goes the way September did, then my feelings will prove me right for sure!

1. Favourite School Tool



Is this not the most adorable planner you have ever seen? It is the Kate Spade "Bella Bookshelf" Agenda Before school, I was at Chapters with a friend, and she told me that she had one of these for the last school year. It was a little pricey, but  I do NOT regret buying it at all. I have never had a planner that actually fit my personality. On the cover of the book, it has an illustration of a bookshelf with all the classic novels included. The sheer look of it wants to make me use it. And it has been working so far! As a side note, Kate Spade stuff is amazing. Just check out the stationary section of the website!
 
2. Favourite Accessory
 
 
 
 
This month, I have actually been wearing rings. I am not huge on Jewelry. I hate bracelets, and necklaces are a pain. But this summer, a sale on rings at some store inspired me to start making them a part of my life. And it has been working out swimmingly. I have been buying them whenever I see them on sale, and I am open to any colour, any type, or any style. Cute right?
 
3. Favourite App
 
[source]




































So something happened. I got Twitter. I don't even know why I did. But it has been fun so far. It's another form of social media to browse when I get bored. Which may have been the real reason I got it. . . I already put a bar with my Tweets on the right hand side of this page, but you can also check it out here: https://twitter.com/real_not_ideal 

4. Favourite Makeup


I wanted to buy a lip stain for soph formal (check out the full look on this post), and NYC's Smooch Proof 16hr Lip Stain in Champagne Stain worked really well for me! It was bolder than I usually go with my colours, but I loved it! The colour worked really well with my dress, and it actually did stay on! I will most definitely use it again when I go out in the near future.

5. Favourite YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/lacigreen

Like I said, I just got into this channel a week ago. I saw a bunch of people on Twitter talking about the Sam Pepper scandal, and that brought me to Laci Green's video explaining the situation. Her passion and drive was evident so I started to watch her other videos. And then I went through a vast majority of them in about two days. She is a feminist, and I love her videos where she shares her opinions. I can appreciate the open discussions about sexuality, because I think more people need to talk about it in a realistic type of way.

That was my month! In October, we have Thanksgiving and Halloween and all the leaves will start to change colour even more, so I am beyond excited for it!

What was your most watched video of September?

-Daniella
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav