Skip to main content

Lush Haul

I will be 1000000% honest; I hate hauls. I never think it has any relevance to me. So if you feel the same way and you choose to skip over this, I understand. However, this is different to me. My good friend Marlee at Marlee and You suggested I make a blog post about this because I was so excited about my new products. I fully stand behind what Lush products are all about. I love the idea of all natural, all fresh, all handmade products. My only issue is there is only one store in my city, and it is on the opposite side of town from where I live. When I go to Lush, I spend a lot more money than I should because I want it to last me a few months before I have to drive back out. So it works out. I am always trying new things, but I know the products that I really love. The store itself it incredible, as it has the best customer service I have ever experienced. The last time I went, I ended up making friends with the girl working there. Everyone knows their products front and back. I am also allergic to peanuts and nuts, and they have been able to give me products that are perfectly safe for me. I have only had one product suggestion that didn’t work out. So the base line here is that I love Lush.

Bath Products



1.       The Comforter Bubble Bar
This bubble bar is my absolute favourite. Bubble baths are my favourite. It makes a lot of bubbles, and they last for a long time unlike other bubble products. This product also has Bergamot Oil, which works as an anti-depressant. So basically, use this when you have a rough day. Another bonus about this product is that it can be split into two pieces, so you get double the baths!

2.       Honey Bee Bath Bomb
I have never used this bath bomb before, but my friend suggested it to me. It also has Bergamot Oil in it, which is something I love. I mean, who doesn’t want to have a bath after a tough day? This product was suggested to me when I mentioned I was a lifeguard. It has aloe vera in it, so if I end up with a nasty sunburn, this could be very useful.

3.       Fizzbanger Bath Bomb
This is another new purchase for me. I base most of my product choices on scent. This one is no exception. It also sounds so exciting. The website says it “goes off in the bath water as if it were loaded with miniature fireworks.” I am so excited to try it out based on that description alone! But my bathroom is getting redone, so it will be a while before I get to have a bath again.

4.       Avobath Bath Bomb
This is the first time I have bought this bath bomb. The only word I can use to describe this one fresh. I typically don’t like fresh or floral scents, but this one was different for some reason. I was intrigued by the avocado ingredients too. It also has the Bergamot Oil, and it has olive oil which is a skin softener (who doesn’t love supple skin?). ­­­­

Beauty Products


1.       Bubble Gum Lip Scrub
I have never used a lip scrub before. I spent two weeks in the sun, and my lips got so dry as a result. I decided to try this out. Next time I go in, I will buy some lip balm to go along with it, but I certainly love it on its own. The scent itself is enticing, but the best part is that you can lick off the excess. I mean, BUBBLE GUM! It tastes as good as it smells.

I got this as a sample product for Christmas from my aunt, and I love it. The first time I ever went into Lush was because of this cleanser. It smells sweet, and it feels great on my skin. It does a really good job of stripping the day off of my skin. It is gentler than most exfoliating products. The base of this cleanser is corn which seems odd, but I won’t argue the results!

                Hair Products



           1.       I Love Juicy Shampoo

I just used this shampoo for the first time a couple nights before I wrote this post. I loved the feeling of my hair afterwards, even when it was wet. My friend has been using this product for a while now, and she has said only wonderful things. The both of us have thin hair that gets greasy easily. She says it has been helping with second day hair, so bonus! Another great thing is that it works as a clarifying shampoo. As I mentioned, I am a lifeguard and that means that I pretty much always have chlorine in my hair. Hopefully, this will help my hair this summer. It also contains lemon juice, so between that and the sun, I could very well be blonde by the end of this summer.

The description on the bottle says “strawberry vanilla milkshake,” so you can only imagine how great this conditioner smells. I had no intention of buying a conditioner, but it was better for me to buy another all-natural product to help my hair. I didn’t get as much information on this product, but I know it has already worked to soften my hair the next day. And it really does smell heavenly.

That is everything I bought! I’ll say it again, I love Lush. Let me know if you end up trying any of these products. And let me know if you're interested in seeing more Lush hauls from me! What’s your favourite Lush product?

-Daniella


P.S. How amazing are these jars that I put them in? I found one buried in the back of my bathroom cabinet, and I picked up the other one at the dollar store (it’s actually a vase). 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Monthly Favourites- February 2016

I don’t know about you, but it feels like February has flown by! I can’t say it’s been a busy month; it’s more like a month of sinking back into routine. Last month, I was so ready to get back to school. It’s been great so far. I’m loving my classes, and I’m doing well with keeping on top of readings. I went to watch The Superbowl with friends (we didn’t make it to halftime), took control of my own body, and I’ve made myself a solid group of friends. I’m really happy. Here’s what got me through the month: 1.        NetGalley     I’m sure you can tell based on the sheer amount of book reviews I’ve been posting, but I have been reading quite a lot. This is all thanks to NetGalley. I have been a member of the site for over a year, but I never really got into it until now. At home, I have an extensive bookshelf, but I couldn’t bring that to the UK with me. I turned to NetGalley, and I have been rewarded. As a member, I request book titles and get a free e-book. In exchange, I have