Skip to main content

Pinterest Challenge- White Chocolate Decorations

I'm just putting this out there right now. I have been up for two hours already. I had this image in my head where I would make myself a coffee and finish this post up. But no. We are out of coffee. All that is left is decaf, and that is just not going to cut it on a day like today. I am soooooo sleepy right now. But I will power through this.

So I have another addition to my Pinterest challenge. I don't know about the rest of you who have tried this, but I also have at least five windows open while writing this. It takes effort! Anyway, this post is not exactly like the others. It is more inspired by Pinterest than anything else. The link led to an article on Squidoo with ideas for Valentine's Day cupcakes. I don't know if you've noticed, but it is not February. So my friend and I decided to make a more summery cupcake. There isn't exactly a recipe for this either. So we'll just get into this.

The Cupcake















You don't even know how hard it was to find a good lemon cupcake recipe. It did not exist in my  cookbooks. So we took to the Internet. The right one was on Favourite Family Recipes. It was a really good, really moist cupcakes, so I would suggest using it. Also, how cute is the cupcake liner?

The Decorations

















This was a little difficult. It turns out that white chocolate has a low burning tolerance. So if you are melting white chocolate chips, then you have to microwave it for only 20 seconds at a time. ONLY 20 SECONDS! We learned the hard way. We put the melted chocolate in a piping bag and piped out the decorations on a pan covered with parchment paper. Our decorations were not always the best looking (upper right picture, the one not being piped is a prime example), but it was fun to do.
















Make sure you put them in the freezer overnight though. We did not, and they melted in a a few minutes of starting to place them on.

The Final Product

















Any Harry Potter fans out there? But how great do they look? We also filled the cupcakes with lemon curd and used a great icing recipe, but I didn't end up taking pictures of that process, so no recipes for those today!

These cupcakes tasted so good, and now that I actually know how to do it, the decorations are easy to make. It would work the same way with milk chocolate too.

Have you tried a challenging baking decoration before?

-Daniella


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav