Skip to main content

Copycat the Cool Way #1

I have noticed a lot of fashionistas and beauty gurus that have been following me. First of all, welcome. You should know that I am by no means a fashion expert. I also don’t want this to be a fashion blog. However, this is about real girl problems. And the problem at hand is that not everyone has the wardrobe of a supermodel. That being said, I like to dress nicely, but in a way that is appropriate for a school setting.  My mom never let me go out in public with sweatpants, and that went from a rule to a lifestyle. I went to a high school with a uniform, so there was not much room for creativity and expression. Now that I’m in university, I have been able to expand my wardrobe. I also have a brilliant system. When I see an outfit I like in a magazine or blog, I cut it out/screenshot it. Then I go through my closets to see if I have any clothes similar to the picture. If I do, I stick it on a bulletin board in my room. If I don’t, I put it in a folder and the pictures act like a checklist for shopping. It has worked really well for me so far. I actually hate shopping (please don’t hurt me), so if I go in with a goal in mind, it takes much less time and hassle. I think my system is real-girl oriented. So starting today and following every Friday (hopefully), I will be posting my outfits of the week (most likely school days only), and I will show you what I am copying. I’ll give you a shout-out if I took it from your blog!

Monday- This is one of my shortest days at school, so I like to keep it comfy. I also didn’t pick out my outfit the night before, so I didn’t have a ton of time to think about what I was going to wear. That also means that it has no comparison. I thought of it all by myself!





















The leggings, boot, and t-shirt are all from Old Navy. The belt I took off of my graduation dress from the Bay. The shirt is vintage! It was my mom’s when she was in high school.

Tuesday- This happened to be a rather cold day, and when I was walking home, some snow got into my boots and my ankles froze. But anyway, I tell you that I have a great system, and I don’t even use it this week. I recently got these leggings because they were on sale, and I have been dying to find an outfit to wear with them. So in the wee hours of last night (when all my best ideas happen), I finally figured it out. The leggings are also one size bigger, so there is a lot of extra room in them. But hey, extra comfy! Plus, I love the sock monkey stuff.





















The boots, jacket, and button up are from Old Navy. The leggings are from Roots.

Wednesday- Finally, I get to show off how I usually style myself! I took this idea from Sincerely,Jules, and I really liked it. Please excuse my pants. I’m short, but I have big thighs and a big butt. So pants and me don’t always work out. They are always way too long! I always end up rolling them up. Clearly, this outfit is not an exact match. That’s what my system is about. I get inspiration from other places and use the clothes I own to make it work for me. I’m glad I finally had the chance to wear my Walk Off the Earth t-shirt with an outfit. Also, today was Ash Wednesday, so I have ashes on my forehead.









































Boots and jeans are from Old Navy. The vest is from American Eagle. I got my t-shirt at a Walk off the Earth concert (best concert I have ever been to by the way).

Thursday- I had quite the busy day, so I forgot to take a picture (I’m not very good at getting into a routine). I took this Friday night after my shower because that’s when I remembered. I got this outfit idea from Seersucker& Saddles (not that this is the post from which I found the outfit, not that post in which the outfit was originally posted), which is a blog that I have been following for quite some time now. I respect this woman so much. And she always looks fantastic! I wore the same boots and jeans type thing as yesterday, so I did not both to show that part today. Also, I had some troubles looking for the outfit on my laptop and I ended up using the old screenshot from my phone.

























The shirt and jeans (and not seen boots) are from Old Navy. The jacket is from Target.

Friday- It was a onesie day. I decided to not go to school and sleep in so I do not have an outfit today
.
Nails of the Week- I’m not going to be fancy, but I pretty much always have my nails painted. I do not have massive hands. It is a mini bottle. I got a few seasonal mini collections for Christmas.




















Colour is You Don’t Know Jacques! By OPI.

So how was your week?

-Daniella

Comments

  1. I was already following you actually! Thanks for the feedback :)
    -Daniella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award.

    Details here:
    http://pumpkinemilysmiles.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nomination! Just thought I would let you know that I finished it and it has been posted!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Monthly Favourites- February 2016

I don’t know about you, but it feels like February has flown by! I can’t say it’s been a busy month; it’s more like a month of sinking back into routine. Last month, I was so ready to get back to school. It’s been great so far. I’m loving my classes, and I’m doing well with keeping on top of readings. I went to watch The Superbowl with friends (we didn’t make it to halftime), took control of my own body, and I’ve made myself a solid group of friends. I’m really happy. Here’s what got me through the month: 1.        NetGalley     I’m sure you can tell based on the sheer amount of book reviews I’ve been posting, but I have been reading quite a lot. This is all thanks to NetGalley. I have been a member of the site for over a year, but I never really got into it until now. At home, I have an extensive bookshelf, but I couldn’t bring that to the UK with me. I turned to NetGalley, and I have been rewarded. As a member, I request book titles and get a free e-book. In exchange, I have