Skip to main content

Bus Rules

I’ve been going to university for just over six months now which means countless city bus rides. First of all, I hate the bus. Second, I have noticed certain things that are acceptable and not acceptable when you are on a bus. People watcher remember? I have some serious respect for bus drivers because I have no clue how they can put up with this city’s onslaught of university students. Also, they are not mean and heartless creatures that are put on this earth just to get on people’s nerves. Let’s put those rumours to rest right now. All the ones I have met are nice, and they stop the bus when they see you sprint. I am so sorry if you have met some mean people, but you can be mean sometimes too okay?

Here we go:

1.       NEVER EVER PUT YOUR BAG ON THE SEAT BESIDE YOU
You are an awful person if you do this on a crowded bus. Even on a semi-crowded bus. Don’t do it. People will hate you. I will hate you. I’m also very bitter about this because it happened to me this morning and I really wanted to sit down.

2.       GIVE OLD/DISABLED PEOPLE YOUR SEAT
I always get up if I’m in the front seats and I see an old person coming onto the bus. It is so awful when I’m sitting at the back and little old ladies are forced to stand because able-bodied university students are too lazy to get up. Seriously people, get it together, you’re fine. Also, if you see someone getting up for an old lady (YES DUDE THAT DID THIS MORNING, I AM TALKING TO YOU), don’t you dare take that seat.

3.       DON’T BE THE DJ ON THE BUS
First of all, you are going to blow your ears out. Second, stop. Chances are, the people that blast their music aren’t even listening to good music. Even if I like the song, I won’t like the fact that I can hear it coming from someone else’s music device.

4.       DON’T STAND BY THE DOORS
The only exception to this rule is when the bus is really full. Other than that, there is no reason to stand by the doors. You are a nuisance. You are in the way, and you will get hit by all the people trying to squeeze their way past your backpack which is basically like a second person.

5.       IF THE BUS IS SEMI-FULL, TAKE A SEAT
I have been on a few too many, too full buses. Now I have the confidence to sit down in the centre seat that people typically avoid if the bus is only half-full. I deserve to sit down when there are seats. So for goodness sake, remember me falling against people because I can’t reach the upper bars of the bus and TAKE A SEAT!

6.       BE NICE TO THE BUS DRIVERS
I don’t think bus drivers choose their job as the ideal position to be in. They have to deal with the rotten and ungrateful students who feel like they could be doing much better things elsewhere. That may be a true fact, but it is no wonder that some bus drivers are miserable. I have met some miserable ones and some really friendly ones. New rule: just be nice to them. Give them a smile when you get on the bus, no matter how tired you are in the morning. Say thank you if you are exiting the bus through the front doors, or if the bus isn’t that crowded (screaming thank you over a crowd of people is impractical). Just be nice.

7.       DON’T SWEAR ON A BUS
I am not big on swearing. I think it makes people sounds dumb. But if I’m on a bus and a little kid is sitting across from me and I hear some “big-shot” mouthing off, I watch the kid as if I can see their innocence draining from their eyes. Please stop. You hurt my soul.

Those are the only things I can think of for now. My best friend (check out her blog - Marlee and You) suggested that I add some pictures to my posts to make them more interesting. Now, there is a reason I do not have Instagram. But here’s a picture of me eating grilled cheese on a snow day. It’s my favourite lunch.


So what are your bus rules?


-Daniella

Comments

  1. my rule: don't exit out the front door when there's a bunch of people wanting to get on
    cute post as always my dear
    -MJ
    marleeandyou.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thank you so much!
      I really appreciate your feedback :)
      And you are followed!
      -Daniella

      Delete
  3. Haha, I would if I could! I am not interesting enough to have Instagram.
    It's pretty cool that I have an international follower! Thank you so much!
    -Daniella

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recently Read - October 2020

 Is fall not the best reading season? I’m so glad I’ve had a few opportunities to sit on the front porch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket with a hot drink and my book. Right now, it’s raining outside and all I want to do is cozy up and get back to my book. I’ve read some great non-fiction in the past six weeks. I’m learning so much about how people relate to the world around them. That is so important to me. Check them out! The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism – Naoki Higashida – 4 Stars         This is a very short book that I think everyone should read – particularly those who work with children. Although knowledge has come a long way, there is still so much more to be learned about autism. This book is a series of question that Naoki Higashida answers from his point of view. Interspersed is also a handful of short stories from Higashida’s point of view.         It’s an incredible book. It’s something that really allows readers to understand ho

Very Inspiring Blog Award

Yay yay yay, I got nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award from Marlee at Marlee and You ! Now, you can learn even more about me! Pretty exciting isn’t it? The hardest part is gathering all the 15 bloggers to tag. But hey, I got this! Rules: 1.        Link the person who nominated you (CHECK) 2.        List and display the rules (CHECK) 3.        Share seven facts about yourself. 4.        Nominate 15 other blogs and let them know they have been nominated. My Seven Facts: 1.        My favourite meal is breakfast. Although I basically only eat milk and cereal, I love the variety of things you can have. I just made myself a Blueberry Breakfast Quesadilla , and it was amazing! 2.        My all time favourite website is HelloGiggles . I have recently taken on the title of a feminist, and this website has been a great way to see that other women share the same views as me. 3.        I’m not a chick-flick kind of girl. James Bond and Indiana Jones are the best. I

Ask and I Will Tell- Liebster Award

Fun fact: I like Mondays because a) I’m totally rested from the weekend, b) I basically have the whole day to myself, and c) my Monday night shifts at work are the best. Anyway, I got nominated for a Liebster award! Shout out to Emily at Pumpkin Emily Smiles ! I will give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what “liebster” means and why it has relevance to blogging. Anyway, things are different this time around. Here we go: 1.        Thank the blogger who nominated you (CHECK). 2.        Answer the 11 questions given to you. 3.        Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers. 4.        Post 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 5.        Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them So are we clear? Good? Yeah? Okay, these are the questions I need to answer. 1.        What’s your favourite food? I always feel like this question is so much more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I have a fav